Acute pain and sense of oppression at the chest, as though a
hot iron had been run in
and a hundredweight put on the top of it. Cholera , in the collapse stage, with
pulselessness and difficulty of breathing. In heart cases: Depression and
lowness about the heart. Frequent
sensation of swelling or "choking" ;"grasping at throat" with the choking
sensations in the throat. Diphtheria
with impending paralysis of heart indicates Naja,
but the characteristic left to right direction of Lach.
does not appear in the Naja
Naja has < at
night; patient awakens gasping; surface blue. Great > of
pain and breathing by lying on right side.
Very sensitive to cold. > By
walking in open air;
by smoking. Asthma with difficult breathing, <lying
down, > sitting
- Produces a bulbar paralysis.
- Causes no hæmorrhage but only œdema, hence the victims of this reptile
frequently bear very little sign of external injury a small scratch or puncture
being the only indication where the fangs have worked their havoc.
- The tissue lying beneath the wound is colored dark purple, and a large quantity
of viscid blood-like fluid collects in the vicinity of the wound.
- An intense burning pain at the spot bitten is the first symptom.
- In man there follows an interval before fresh symptoms occur.
- The average is about an hour.
- Once developed, the symptoms follow a rapid course.
- A feeling of intoxication is produced, followed by a loss of power over the
- The patient is bereft of speech, swallowing, and the control over the movement
of the lips.
- The saliva is ejected in large quantities, the respiration gradually becomes
slower and slower, and at length ceases.
- Conscious all time.
- Is not a hæmorrhagic or septic, medicine like Lachesis and Crotalus.
- Its action settles around the heart; valvular troubles.
- Marked surging of blood upwards, marked dyspnœa, inability to lie on left side.
- Hypertrophy, and valvular lesions.
- Organs seem to be drawn together.
- Very susceptible to cold.
- With heart symptoms, pain in forehead and temples.
- Diseases, primarily depending upon degeneration of motor cells.
- Control of sphincters lost.
- Broods constantly over imaginary troubles.
- Suicidal insanity (Aur).
- Aversion to talking.
- Blurred speech.
- Dreads to be left alone.
- Fear of rain.
- Pain in left temple and in left orbital region, extending to
occiput, with nausea and vomiting.
- Hay-fever, with dry larynx. Suffocative spells
after sleeping (Lach).
- Eyes staring.
- Ptosis of both lids.
- Illusions of hearing; otalgia; chronic otorrhœa,
smells like herring brine.
- Grasping at throat, with sense of choking.
- Irritating, dry cough, dependent on cardiac lesions (Spong; Lauroc)
- Sticky mucus and saliva.
- Asthmatic constriction in evening.
Asthma beginning with coryza.
- Dragging and anxiety in præcordia.
- Feeling of weight on heart.
- Angina pains extending to nape of neck,
left shoulder and arm with
anxiety and fear of death.
- With the heart symptoms pain in forehead and temples.
- Pulse irregular in force.
- Threatened paralysis of heart, body cold, pulse slow, weak, irregular,
- Acute and chronic endocarditis.
- Stitching pain in region of heart.
- Damaged heart after infections diseases.
- Marked symptoms of low tension (Elaps, Vipera).
- Neuralgia of left ovary; often serviceable in
obscure pain in left
groin, especially in post-operative cases; seems
to be drawn to heart.
- Sleep profound, like a log, with stertorous breathing, a typical
- < from use of
stimulants; > from walking or riding
in open air.
- Bungarus Fasciatus (Banded Krait) venom produces a condition like an
acute polioencephalitis and myelitis, both symptomatically and histologically.